Monday, November 23, 2015

UPDATED - The holidays are coming!!!!

Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the US. While I am looking forward to seeing family and spending time with them - I'm worried about the food! I'm better with my portions but I know some of the food won't be what I should eat. Like green bean casserole - which I LOVE. BOOOO!

We were asked to bring a dish and I missed signing up for that one. But I'm going to bring a healthier version in a smaller dish that I can eat. And can share if someone would like some. I'm also taking cornbread casserole - because it was so dang yummy last year. And I'll have a small portion of this and probably be done with my yellows for the day! HA! And we were asked to bring a pie. I don't even want to think about desserts! That was until I found a great pie recipe that IS 21 Day Fix friendly. Yes, I'm sharing links to what I'll be bringing. :)

The pie recipe is courtesy of Jamie Callahan, she is a fellow coach and the link goes to her blog post. 21 Day Fix Pumpkin Pie
She used a big can of pumpkin and took out two cups. Agave could be replaced with maple syrup is you would like.

The green bean casserole recipe comes from the Team BeachBody website.
Green Bean Casserole

I can't wait to try both recipes Thursday and eat smaller portions of the other goodies. :)

**UPDATE** - I found a healthier version of the corn bread casserole! They simply call it Corn Casserole on SkinnyMom.com. I'm so excited about this!!!!

No comments: