Friday, August 21, 2015

Feel like a turtle......

So I'm not the fastest person working out to my video. I even sometimes modify the modifier (with things I know are lower impact options from previous experience)! But I'm still getting up early, working my tush off and doing it again the next day.

The benefit so far? I could barely move Monday I worked my hamstrings and glutes so much more than I had in forever. Sitting down hurt. Not actually sitting but the process of getting into or out of a chair. Steps, inclines, you name it, heck just walking on a flat surface was painful. So that benefit you say, yeah, sticking with it and continuing to work out each day has lessened the soreness in my legs (and ice/heat therapy). I don't feel like my legs are going to buckle if I move the wrong way. And that is muscle building at it's best.

I've also gone from working out 3 days a week to working out every day. Eating better, no more processed crap. And that's the basics in a nutshell, or well a turtle shell. It's a slow moving process when you first start but the results come through when you stick with it.

The best part - you know why it's called 21 Day Fix? Because that is how long it takes to make a habit, 21 days. And once it's a habit you keep doing it!

No comments: